Saturday, April 19, 2014

A few showers for Saturday

It was raining a bit this morning, so I had a lazy a.m., ate breakfast, checked mail, etc. But, Florence beckoned, so was out and about by just after 10:00. I actually put my umbrella up twice, for about 5 minutes each time...not really what I call rain, and it's very warm out, so this Alberta girl has no problem zipping about today at all.

However, the rain did deter some of the tourists as the line for the Campanile was very short...what the heck, it will be a great day for a high high view of the city!
My stair quest for the day...
One of the old bells, on the first 'floor' lookout/place to catch your breath
My quest for next week...the top of the duomo! See those little people walking around up there?
The clouds are breaking up!
That's the Palazzo Vecchio in the upper left...Florence is amazing from up here...and now 418 stairs down again!
Men's shoes...I told Dave about the blue ones, I think they are amazing!
Time for a walk through the market...first a wee rub on the boar's nose, and in I went!


No comments:

Post a Comment