Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday morning

All settled in the lovely Borghese Palace Art Hotel.
The bar area at the entrance of the hotel.

I spent the first afternoon and evening walking about refamiliarizing my little self with the city....well the heart of it at least. A walk through Santa Croce where Michelangelo, Dante, Galileo and Machiavelli are buried.
Michelangelo's tomb
Dante Alighieri's memorial 

Then I backtracked to the Duomo, just to walk by it and marvel at the whole magnificence of the structure, and then on to the Piazza Della Signoria where I stopped at one of my favorite cafés and sat looking across the square at the David replica and enjoying my first delightful glass of vino rosso!
The same waiter who served Sheila and me the last time I sipped wine here, brought me my wine, and as always, a few little tidbits to nibble on.
All in all...and since it was a short day...it was a good start.
Blue skies and very nice April temps. A gorgeous day. I ended the day with Risotto done with zucchini and parmigiana and, of course, another vino rosso.

This morning, after a delightful breakfast with molto caffe and some fresh squeezed apple, pear and ginger juice, Tuscan breads and slices of a delicate and delish cheese....well, Sunday awaits! I'm thinking that since the sun is shining and the sky is clear, and because I can't get the keys to my apartment until 4:00, a walk across the Arno to the Boboli Gardens is in order. It will be good to walk out the hours on the plane from yesterday! Ciao for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment